Clavia Nord 2 Editor Intro
Clavia Nord 2 Editor & Librarian is designed to control your Clavia Nord 1 / Clavia Nord 2 / Clavia Nord 2X right from your DAW. With our Editor, you can work with your Clavia Nord by the same way you use your virtual instrument plug-ins. Our Editor will recall your patch settings when you open your project and the data will be sent to your Nord automatically once you open your project. Your synthesizer is always synchronized with your session! The only thing you need to worry, is that you power-up your synthesizer.
Clavia Nord 2 Editor brings hardware integration to modern Digital Audio Workstation environments. Clavia Nord 2 Editor & Librarian plug-in works seamlessly with your Clavia Nord 1, Clavia Nord 2 and/or Clavia Nord 2X synthesizers.
It is now much faster to scroll thru sounds and make tweaks within your DAW. Automate parameters with real hardware control names. The best part is, our Editor saves all the data within the project and when you reopen the project, all of the used data gets sent to your hardware, automatically! No more waiting with loading or transferring hardware data. Save time – welcome Total Recall.
- Control Clavia Nord 1,2 & 2X synthesizer directly from your DAW.
- Automate almost every parameter directly from your DAW.
- No need to remember CC’s for each knobs / per synthesizer. Goodbye sticky notes!
- Load, Edit and Store patches into hardware memory or in your HDD personal library.
- Store any Nord Lead / Rack compatible (1,2 &2X) soundset in your HDD library folder and browse it from our plugin.
- Send banks or individual patches from librarian to hardware.
- Request banks or individual patches from hardware to librarian.
- Total Recall: When you reopen your project, all of the data used in it, will be sent to the hardware, automatically!
Check Specifications tab for more info about the Editor capabilities.
Patch and Performance mode management
Clavia Nord 2 Editor comes with ability to control all 4 layers from the single plug-in instance. This means, you can have a lush saw patch on Slot A and a pulse pad on Slot B if you wish.
You can send patches from Patch Librarian to your selected Layer:
- Click SLOT A – D on SLOT SELECT section and double click a patch on the librarian to send the patch to the selected layer.
- Click different SLOT on SLOT SELECT section to send another patch for different slot, simple as that!
#clavianord2editor in Social Media
What you CAN do with our Editor:
- Control your Clavia Nord 1, 2 or 2X hardware synthesizer from your DAW over MIDI.
Edit almost every parameter of your synthesizer from our plug-in.
- We added a bit more than 1000 parameters to the plugin (4 parts) so the sound editing should be painless and quick task.
- Automate almost every CC parameter in your DAW.
- Easier to handle automations than trying to remember hundreds of #CC’s.
- Layer multiple patches to create massive leads or such.
- Changing part from plugin changes part in hardware if function switched on.
- Mute, adjust levels, panning, outputs and such from the plugin, per channel.
- Parameters that are available for automation will be listed on your DAW. (Ableton Live sees our parameters, when parameter is touched).
- Total Recall of the sounds used up on project reload.
- All of the current parameters from the plugin will be sent to the hardwares temp memory up on project reload!
- Time saver when thinking about storing, naming and loading data from multiple hardwares per project.
- Plugin reacts to hardware knob movements and displays knob, menu and button values within the plugin display.
- Nord model selector in “main view” allows to show the parameters which are available to your Nord model.
- Store banks to your Nord from the librarian.
- Store patches to your Nord from the librarian.
- Request banks from your Nord to the librarian.
- Request patches from your Nord to the librarian.
- Store requested or modified bank data to your own library (on your HDD).
- View & edit patch name in plug-in interface.
- Librarian supports MIDI and SysEx soundset formats across all Nord 1-2X models.
- Select next or previous librarian patch from hardware.
- Select next or previous hardware patch from librarian.
- Move patches from one bank to another and save as you like.
- You can send patches from the plug-in to your synthesizers Temp memory buffer OR you can write user memory slots through our plug-in.
- Download and import all of the Nord soundsets in one folder for quick access through the plugin.
- Each part can have its own patch.
- Each part patch name can be set from the plugin window.
- Each part has its own parameters which you can automate from your DAW.
What our Editor can NOT do:
- Transmit any audio. You have to plug your Synthesizers audio jacks into your mixer in order to hear the sound.
- You can not remotely start and / or shut down your Synthesizer.
Operating system specified settings / limits:
Since Windows platform CAN NOT share resources between applications, it is important that you disable the MIDI input and output from your DAWs settings which you are intending to use with our Editor. If you leave the port open, our Editor will see it and once you click to use it, it might crash your DAW and you will lose your data. Link down below!
macOS works “out from the box” with resource sharing, you are good to go once you insert the plugin into your DAW. However, our plugin can cause you a MIDI loop if you leave the port open / unfiltered from your hardware to your DAW. You can set various filters in your DAW.
- Clavia Nord Lead / Rack 1, Nord Lead 2 / Rack 2, Nord Lead 2X / Rack 2X hardware synth.
Clavia Nord Lead | Clavia Nord Lead 2 | Clavia Nord Lead 2X
- MIDI interface (cheap interfaces will not work).
- macOS 10.6 or later with AudioUnit or VST host.
- Windows XP or later with VSTi 2.4 compliant host.
- at least 1500×757 pixel resolution on your display.
What you get up on purchase:
- Mystery Islands Music Nord 2 Editor & Librarian for macOS and Windows platforms.
AudioUnit and VST included for both, 32 and 64 bit DAWs.
- Personal activation key, which is downloadable from “Downloads” page after purchase.
- Full access to free updates, which can be downloaded from "Downloads" page after purchase.
- Mystery Islands Music “Northern Lights” Soundset included.
- Clavia Nord Lead 2X Preset Banks included.
- As long as you have purchased valid license from our store, you are entitled to support and updates.
- Note that version 3 update is free and it is currently under development. Version 4 update will be paid update.
- Our Documentation & Knowledge Base can be accessed below:
Digital Audio Workstation Guides
Setting MIDI Devices
Apple Logic Pro
AVID Pro Tools
Image-Line Fruity Loops
MOTU Digital Performer
PreSonus Studio One
Reason Studios Reason
Browse other Editors
Our Editor catalogue is growing. See if we have anything new to fill the void in your production chain.
We have various soundsets to soft- and hardware synthesizers to “extend” the life cycle of your product.