Waldorf Blofeld Editor Intro
Waldorf Blofeld Editor & Librarian is designed to control your Waldorf Blofeld right from your DAW. With our Editor, you can work with your Waldorf Blofeld by the same way you use your virtual instrument plug-ins. Our Editor will recall your patch settings when you open your project and the data will be sent to your Blofeld automatically once you open your project. Your synthesizer is always synchronized with your session! The only thing you need to worry, is that you power-up your synthesizer. We also added the ability to load in Waldorf microQ and Q patches! (WHAT? Yes!)
Waldorf Blofeld Editor brings hardware integration to modern Digital Audio Workstation environments. Waldorf Blofeld Editor & Librarian plug-in works seamlessly with all Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard / Waldorf Blofeld Desktop synthesizers.
It is now much faster to scroll thru sounds and make tweaks within your DAW. Automate parameters with real hardware control names. The best part is, our Editor saves all the data within the project and when you reopen the project, all of the used data gets sent to your hardware, automatically! No more waiting with loading or transferring hardware data. Save time – welcome Total Recall.
- Control Waldorf Blofeld desktop / Blofeld Keyboard synthesizer directly from your DAW.
- Automate almost every parameter directly from your DAW.
- No need to remember CC’s for each knobs / per synthesizer. Goodbye sticky notes!
- Load, Edit and Store patches into hardware memory or in your HDD personal library.
- Store any Waldorf microQ / Q / Blofeld compatible soundset in your HDD library folder and browse it from our plugin.
- Send banks or individual patches from librarian to hardware.
- Request banks or individual patches from hardware to librarian.
- Total Recall: When you reopen your project, all of the data used in it, will be sent to the hardware, automatically!
Check Specifications tab for more info about the Editor capabilities.
Patch and Multi mode management
Waldorf Blofeld Editor comes with ability to control all 16 parts from the single plug-in instance. This means, you can have a different patches on different layers and play them at the same time, or individually.
You can send patches from Patch Librarian to your selected Part:
- Click any PART and double click a patch on the librarian to send the patch to the selected part.
- Click different PART to send another patch for different part, simple as that!
What you CAN do with our Editor:
- Control your Waldorf Blofeld series hardware synthesizer directly from your DAW.
- Edit almost every parameter of your synthesizer from single bloX plug-in instance.
- We added a bit more than 3000 parameters to the plugin (16 parts) so the sound editing should be painless and quick task.
- Automate almost every CC parameter in your DAW.
- Easier to handle automations than trying to remember hundreds of #CC’s.
- Layer multiple patches to create massive leads or such.
- Mute, adjust levels, panning, outputs and such from the plugin, per channel.
- Parameters that are available for automation will be listed on your DAW. (Ableton Live and other DAWs sees our parameters, when parameter is touched).
- Total Recall of the sounds used when loading project containing our plug-in.
- All of the current parameters from the plugin will be sent to the hardwares temp memory up on project reload!
- Time saver when thinking about storing, naming and loading data from multiple hardwares per project.
- Plugin reacts to hardware knob movements and displays knob, menu and button values within the plugin display.
- Store banks to your Blofeld-series from the librarian.
- Store patches to your Blofeld-series from the librarian.
- Request banks from your Blofeld-series to the librarian.
- Request patches from your Blofeld-series to the librarian.
- Store requested or modified bank data to your own library (on your HDD).
- View & edit patch name in plug-in interface.
- View & edit category name in plug-in interface.
- Librarian supports MIDI and SysEx soundset formats across all Blofeld, microQ and Q models.
- Select next or previous librarian patch from hardware.
- Select next or previous hardware patch from librarian.
- Move patches from one bank to another and save as you like.
- You can send patches from the plug-in to your synthesizers Temp memory buffer OR you can write user memory slots through our plug-in.
- Download and import all of the Blofeld, microQ and Q series soundsets in one folder for quick access through the plugin.
- Each part can have its own patch.
- Each part has its own parameters which you can automate from your DAW.
What our Editor can NOT do:
- Transmit any audio. You have to plug your Synthesizers audio jacks into your mixer in order to hear the sound.
- You can not remotely start and / or shut down your Synthesizer.
Operating system specified settings / limits:
Since Windows platform CAN NOT share resources between applications, it is important that you disable the MIDI input and output from your DAWs settings which you are intending to use with our Editor. If you leave the port open, our Editor will see it and once you click to use it, it might crash your DAW and you will lose your data. Link down below!
macOS works “out from the box” with resource sharing, you are good to go once you insert the plugin into your DAW. However, our plugin can cause you a MIDI loop if you leave the port open / unfiltered from your hardware to your DAW. You can set various filters in your DAW.
- Waldorf Blofeld hardware synth.
Waldorf Blofeld | Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard
- MIDI interface (cheap interfaces will not work).
- Direct USB connection from Blofeld to computer.
- macOS 10.6 or later with AudioUnit or VST host.
- Windows XP or later with VSTi 2.4 compliant host.
- at least 1500×757 pixel resolution on your display.
What you get up on purchase:
- Mystery Islands Music Blofeld Editor & Librarian for macOS and Windows platforms.
AudioUnit and VST included for both, 32 and 64 bit DAWs.
- Personal activation key, which is downloadable from “Downloads” page after purchase.
- Full access to free updates, which can be downloaded from "Downloads" page after purchase.
- Mystery Islands Music “Best Of Both Worlds” Soundset included.
- Waldorf Blofeld Factory Preset Banks included.
- As long as you have purchased valid license from our store, you are entitled to support and updates.
- Note that version 3 update is free and it is currently under development. Version 4 update will be paid update.
- Our Documentation & Knowledge Base can be accessed below: