Roland JP-80×0 Editor Intro
Roland JP-80×0 Editor & Librarian is designed to control your Roland JP-8000 / Roland JP-8080 right from your DAW. With our Editor, you can work with your Roland JP-8000 / JP-8080 by the same way you use your VSTi and AudioUnit plug-ins. Our Editor will recall your patch settings when you open your project and the data will be sent to your JP-8000 / JP-8080 automatically once you open your project. Your synthesizer is always synchronized with your session! The only thing you need to worry, is that you power-up your synthesizer.
Roland JP-80×0 Editor brings hardware integration to modern Digital Audio Workstation environments. Roland JP-80×0 Editor & Librarian plug-in works seamlessly with your Roland JP-8000 and/or Roland JP-8000 synthesizers.
It is now much faster to scroll thru sounds and make tweaks within your DAW. Automate parameters with real hardware control names. The best part is, our Editor saves all the data within the project and when you reopen the project, all of the used data gets sent to your hardware, automatically! No more waiting with loading or transferring hardware data. Save time – welcome Total Recall.
- Control your Roland JP-8000 and/or JP-8080 directly from your DAW.
- Automate almost every parameter directly from your DAW.
- No need to remember CC’s for each knobs / per synthesizer. Goodbye sticky notes!
- Load, Edit and Store patches into hardware memory or in your HDD personal library.
- Randomize upper or lower layer or both!
- Store any JP-8000 / JP-8080 compatible soundset in your HDD library folder and browse it from our editor.
- Send banks or individual patches from librarian to hardware.
- Request banks or individual patches from hardware to librarian.
- Total Recall: When you reopen your project, all of the data used in it, will be sent to the hardware, automatically!
Check Specifications tab for more info about the Editor capabilities.
Patch and Performance mode management
Roland JP-80×0 Editor comes with ability to control Upper or Lower layer from the single plug-in instance. This means, you can have a lush supersaw patch on Upper layer and a feedback osc guitar like lead on Lower layer if you wish.
You can send patches from Librarian Browser to your selected Layer:
- Click LOWER on PANEL SELECT section and double click a patch on the librarian to send the patch to the selected layer.
- Click UPPER on PANEL SELECT section to send another patch for upper layer, simple as that!
#rolandjp80x0editor in Social Media
What you CAN do with our Editor:
- Connect your Roland JP-8000 and / or JP-8080 directly with your DAW using MIDI.
- Edit almost every parameter of your synthesizer from our plug-in.
- Automate almost every parameter in your DAW.
- Plug-in user interface reacts to hardware knob & buttons movements.
- Edit both layers from the plug-in individually or link layers together.
- You can request through JP’s User, Preset and Memory Card** data within the plug-in librarian.
- You can send the patches from the plug-in to your synthesizers Temp memory buffer OR you can write user memory slots through our plug-in.
- JP-8000 incompatible parameters marked with **.
- Knob & button values are sent to hardware.
- View & edit performance name in plug-in interface .
- Request current patch from selected slot to librarian.
- Request all patches from selected bank to librarian.
- Store currently selected patch from librarian to hardware.
- Store current patch bank from librarian to hardware.
- Request temp performance data to librarian.
- Request current performance from selected slot to librarian.
- Request all performance data from selected bank to librarian.
- Store currently selected performance data from librarian to hardware.
- Store current performance bank from librarian to hardware.
- Load any midi / sysex patch or performance bank to librarian.
- Browse performance & patch banks within plugin librarian.
- Load currently selected performance data to plugin memory.
- Load currently selected performance bank to plugin memory.
- Load selected single patch to selected performance slot (upper / lower).
- Software stores last used performance data with plug-in to it’s memory.
- Software loads last used performance data with project load and sends it to hardware.
- Organize performance data in librarian and save a new performance bank to hard drive.
- Organize patch data in librarian and save a new patch bank to hard drive
- Send performance data to hardware from plugin by using white user interface buttons.
- Request performance data from selected bank to plugin white buttons memory (8×8=64 slots).
- Option to scroll thru hardware programs without sending performance / patch data to hardware.
- View & edit upper / lower part patch name.
- View & edit upper / lower part velocity sensitivity levels.
- View & edit upper / lower part control assign sensitivity levels.
- More knobs & buttons now reacts to hardware knob / button movements.
- Select performance midi channel.
- Select remote kbd midi channel.
- Randomize either layer or both!
What our Editor can NOT do:
- Transmit any audio. You have to plug your Synthesizers audio jacks into your mixer in order to hear the sound.
- JP-8080’s Voice Modulator parameters are not available at the present time.
- External Audio inputs are not controllable at the present time.
- You can not remotely start and / or shut down your Synthesizer.
Operating system specified settings / limits:
Since Windows platform CAN NOT share resources between applications, it is important that you disable the MIDI input and output from your DAWs settings which you are intending to use with our Editor. If you leave the port open, our Editor will see it and once you click to use it, it might crash your DAW and you will lose your data. Link down below!
macOS works “out from the box” with resource sharing, you are good to go once you insert the plugin into your DAW. However, our plugin can cause you a MIDI loop if you leave the port open / unfiltered from your hardware to your DAW. You can set various filters in your DAW.
What you get up on purchase:
- Mystery Islands Music JP-80x0 Editor & Librarian for macOS and Windows platforms.
AudioUnit and VST included for both, 32 and 64 bit DAWs.
- Personal activation key, which is downloadable from “Downloads” page after purchase.
- Full access to free updates, which can be downloaded from "Downloads" page after purchase.
- Mystery Islands Music “JP-80×0 Always Alive” Soundset included.
- Alan Marcero “JP-80x0 Trance Set” Soundset included.
- Roland JP-8000 / JP-8080 Preset Banks included.
- As long as you have purchased valid license from our store, you are entitled to support and updates.
- Note that version 3 update is free and it is currently under development. Version 4 update will be paid update.
- Our Documentation & Knowledge Base can be accessed below: